Tuesday 13 August 2013

Magnolia (1999)

[Dir. Paul Thomas Anderson]

Phew! Magnolia simply one of the best movies I've ever seen. What can I say? PTA at his best, beside There Will Be Blood definitely (this one won oscar)! But this movie completely continues to thrill me. I feel shook up when scenes changing. First of all, this movie is 3 hours long but I didn't feel like that long. I mean this movie is carrying me so well that I feel it's just like normal duration of a movie. 3 hours of masterpiece. Bravo, PTA.

The first scenes confusing me. I refuse to read the reviews of this movie. I think it will gives me greater expectation until the end. It does. Then I continued, I keep my eyes on the screen, it won't let me see other things. The cinematography is incredible, the scenes are so tense, I can feel my heart beating in couple scenes. This movie speaks the mouth can't. It grips you but also chills you.

The storyline is about how coincidence connects to each other, you may not see how it actually connects, but it does. It makes you think, though, but not in a complicated way.

Great casts indeed. I love how much they got in characters. My favorite character in this movie is Phil Parma (Philip Seymour Hoffman), he plays this one innocent nurse, who's really helpful and involved too much in a family, but inside he's just a really really nice guy. There's so many things I want to say about this film, but it turns out that I don't have many things to write, I'm afraid I'll look dumb and I don't want to spoil things and you must need to see the FAQ of Magnolia HERE. It's impeccable. Big line: love, pain, honesty, forgiveness, courage, hope.

My recommendation overall is you need to see this movie, buy the dvd, watch it, again and again if you like! I personally going to find time to watch this movie again, and tell my boyfriend to watch it :)


Rate: 8.5/10
Imdb rate HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment